Entertainment Lawyer, Strategic Advisor for Music, Film, Theater Professionals
We advise on agreements and financing for film and television productions. We handle matters involving the licensing and distribution of motion picture, television, life and digital rights, as well as the protection and monetization of your intellectual property catalog.
We have also resolved conflicts between intellectual property rights and the First Amendment, and evaluated the rights of historical figures depicted or referred to in factual and fictional works.
We can assist with:
- Contracts with producers, directors, DPs and other cast and crew;
- Performing due diligence reviews and licensing for intellectual property clearance issues;
- Assistance with filming permits and licensing;
- Reviewing scripts and other creative material for clearance and conflicts;
- Evaluating litigation exposure and resolving potential problems before they arise
- Litigating and resolving complex copyright infringement matters
- Defending right of privacy and publicity claims
- Litigating and resolving contract claims of all types
- public domain status of intellectual property
- Film Financing and Production issues;
- negotiating and drafting licensing, joint venture and distribution agreements.
- Long-term relationships with deal makers,
- Defense of trespass claims, filming without a permit, right to privacy violations, commercial use of image without releases, and defense of other issues plaguing many under-prepared independent filmmakers.